P.I. Engineering User Forum

Product Support, Technical Questions and Answers, and Examples for P.I. Engineering Products

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-05 12:36:37

killerabbit

XK-12 Joystick Questions

Hi there. I have this XK-12 Joystick hoping I could toggle the joystick to use as mouse movement until I got to the camera to control. I would then toggle it to Joystick mode to control the camera. Has anyone been able to something with this? It looks like the joystick part can't be changed. Also the Zoom does not work.

#2 2017-01-05 12:50:05

PIE Amber
Technical Software Developer
Website

Re: XK-12 Joystick Questions

The joystick part is not programmable in the way the rest of our device is. If you can write code, you can script it. We have a sample file for turning it into a mouse. Note that setting up a toggle will require some modification (scripting) on your part. If you're not familiar with code, it's not really considered a capability. Get the joystick mouse script here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/inamlr02n9jmx … e.mw3?dl=0

The z should work if you test it in the Windows' joystick calibration, but note it is not the same as a traditional PTZ joystick and will not work the same way automatically in programs looking for that. Rotation vs. axis I believe. It also does not return to 0, which is the main reason why it is declared differently than what you may be used to. Some PTZ software will allow assigning it anyway; but if it does not have customizing options like that unfortunately, no, it will not work for zoom.

Amber from P.I. Engineering

Board footer