P.I. Engineering User Forum

Product Support, Technical Questions and Answers, and Examples for P.I. Engineering Products

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-09 10:47:11

john

Read initial state of XK-3 switches?

I have the XK-3 USB Switch Interface device and am using Linux RHEL 6.5 with a 2.6.39.4 kernel.

I have 2 switches connected to it that are working properly. However, I'm not able to read the status of the switches when my software connects to it. I only get messages when the switches switch. Therefore, I don't know which position the switches are in until I move one. I need to know their initial positions when my software starts.

I'm currently just communicating to the device via the C open() function. Per the Linux joystick.cc file, the device is supposed to send the status of the switches when I connect to it, but that does not appear to be happening.

I downloaded the pihid32-1.0.0 development kit, but it doesn't appear to support this device. I thought maybe this specific library would support what I need, instead of using the standard Linux libraries.

The device is currently configured as a "1224 | Keyboard | Mouse | PI Consumer" endpoint. Does that make a difference on how it behaves?

Any ideas, or if this is even possible.

Thanks in advance!
John

#2 2017-10-11 08:56:17

Crunch

Re: Read initial state of XK-3 switches?

The XK-3 switch interface is not supported, I'm told it has a different byte length. There is a section in the Linux SDK documentation about Input Reports, perhaps that will have the information you are looking for? Again though that device is not yet supported.

Board footer