P.I. Engineering User Forum

Product Support, Technical Questions and Answers, and Examples for P.I. Engineering Products

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-20 15:36:12

William Miller

Delay for text mode

I am wondering if there is a way to install a short pause or delay when using text mode. Though X-keys 24 does what it is supposed to do, a particular program I am using seems to only display the last part of the text message. I am hoping that it may be that the program as a bit of a lag before it listens to the text input. Hoping if I can slow the output down with a delay it may solve this issue.

#2 2017-06-20 16:03:30

PIE Amber
Technical Software Developer
Website

Re: Delay for text mode

You can insert a Delay into your macro by accessing the Function tab when programming a button. Click Show Functions. Near the bottom of the window that pops up, there's an option that says "Delay." Double-click it to add it to your key.

In the main programming window you can then adjust the length of the Delay.

I would recommend adding a Delay at the beginning of your macro, in this case. You can also do something like:

Delay
Text (part of the text)
Delay
Text (rest of the text)

If that seems to work better. You can add multiple lines, like this, to your macro, for advanced functionality, by just switching back and forth between the Text and Function tabs and adding them in sequence.

Amber from P.I. Engineering

Board footer