P.I. Engineering User Forum

Product Support, Technical Questions and Answers, and Examples for P.I. Engineering Products

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-16 22:05:33

ACMOTORSTOP

RailDriver Control Without Software

I want to purchase the RailDriver control console as a stand alone source for railroad sounds like the usual engine horn, bells, air brake release & application, etc. but also for external sounds like grade crossing bells, ribbon rail & jointed rail sounds, track switching sounds, etc., is that possible with this unit or must I utilize a software program? My intent is to watch Youtube videos on a regular TV without the accompanying sounds but utilize my own sounds using the RailDriver possibly through a laptop if a software program is required. I'd use it as intended but the existing visuals for train routes are not realistic enough & I am not looking to control anything but to simulate what a railroad engineer does without the hassle of gaming or virtual railroad control with the inherent speed & red light penalties. Thanks for your time.

#2 2016-09-19 08:29:41

PIE Amber
Technical Software Developer
Website

Re: RailDriver Control Without Software

Hello,

No, the RailDriver is not capable of sending sounds on its own. All it has is a speaker that routes computer noises, and it can interact with software. It doesn't really make noise itself.

If you can find software that does what you want, you can customize what a lot of the RailDriver does in the MacroWorks 3.1 software. It would require that you have a sound effects software or similar, as well as our software.

Amber from P.I. Engineering

#3 2016-09-24 10:55:57

ACMOTORSTOP

Re: RailDriver Control Without Software

Thanks for your timely advice, I have to ponder this & research the existing virtual railroading screen views some more, although they offer you full control of what the screen displays it's too distracting to actually have to have some engineer skills plus they just cant match real world cab ride videos in realism, again thanks for your time.

Board footer