P.I. Engineering User Forum

Product Support, Technical Questions and Answers, and Examples for P.I. Engineering Products

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-18 06:46:35

Jazzles

Double Click?

I'm using xkeys MWII as a shortcut aid for the CAD/BIM program Revit.

Is there a way to have a dual functionality for each button?

IE: press it once and it returns [bm] which is the program keyboard shortcut for drawing a structural beam press it twice (or double click) and it returns [sb] which is the program keyboard shortcut for drawing a structural floor slab?

#2 2017-08-18 08:17:49

PIE Amber
Technical Software Developer
Website

Re: Double Click?

Yes, technically this can be done, but not easily. It is a very advanced feature that requires custom scripting. Here we have a guide for how to do something like this, but we recommend some experience with code before attempting it: http://xkeys.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=298#p298

Without that the answer is no, you are limited to using our layer structure in order to control multiple types of programming on a key.

Edit: Sorry, I just realized you were asking if it could determine if a button has been pressed once or twice, and send a different macro depending on that. No, that is not something that could really even be scripted in the MacroWorks 3.1 system. You could handle that kind of logic if you went full-SDK (writing your own software) but then you'd have to figure out how to send the keystrokes on your end, yourself. Ultimately the answer to that is probably just no.

Amber from P.I. Engineering

#3 2017-08-18 09:24:00

Jazzles

Re: Double Click?

OK, many thanks for your quick response.

No worries.

Board footer