P.I. Engineering User Forum

Product Support, Technical Questions and Answers, and Examples for P.I. Engineering Products

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-13 17:09:47

GegeFR

Trouble with Raildriver and MW3 v1.1.1.79 installation on W10 64bit

Hi,

Following strictly your procedure described in the sticky post, when rebooting my PC nothing happens. No setup windows to calibrate the RD controller. The MW3 desktop icon when clicked launch a little blank windows and if I want to close this little windows that tell me MW doesn't respond.

I have run the MW installer as Administrator rights, and the MW3 desktop icon as well. Looking at the windows task bar, the mini MW3 icon seems locked = no sub menus so unable to launch MW3 interface from this MW3 system tray icon.

If I make a clean install again and while my anti virus is running, when I launch MW3 from his desktop icon, that tell me macroworks3r.exe is missing; so I close my internet connexion, disable the anti virus control in real time then after a clean uninstall/reinstall, launching MW3 with the desktop icon send a little blank windows telling me MW3 doesn't respond. If I look at the windows task bar, the MW3 system tray icon is there but nothing to do with = it seems locked given no sub menus like the possibility to launch the MW3 interface.

What is very strange is when MW3 is in the system tray but locked (no menu available), as soon as I unplug the RD controller, MW3 windows interface pop up but without RD layout inside; it behave like the RD controller ID is not recognized; all inside this MW3 windows interface is empty = no RD ID, no layout, no picture of the RD. Now if I plug the RD controller, the MW3 windows interface disappear (close) and nothing more happens. The MW3 system tray icon is always locked but his picture is free like saying RD controller is running but not recognized by the software. It behave like inverse to be done.

At this stage I'm not able to use neither MW3 or RD controller to play TS2017 with.

I tryed to change the USB port for the RD controller but no more luck.

To be sure I have even put the msvcr.dll inside the railworks plugin folder but no more luck.

My Railworks TS2017 game is installed on another drive off C: where Windows10 is installed. Have modifyed the Dim install path inside the appropriate file as adviced on the install process for W7/8/10 for a different path installation out of the default path.

Sorry but your advices are n't a success for me at the least.

I'm with W10 64 Pro and all is up to date on my hardware PC like drivers and so on. No virus, no malware detected. All is clean over a Windows 10 64 Bits pro installed at the origine from the DVD windows10 authentic license + all the following updates thus to day.
If you have any suggestion, that will be really appreciated. ( sorry for my bad English I try my best ).

Cheers
Gerard

PS : here is the content of the ErrorLog.txt. Mainly the Error is due to the closure of the communication canal ?!

"Source       : mscorlib
Method      : HandleReturnMessage
Date          : 13/11/2016
Time          : 22:51:58
Computer   : DESKTOP-8B85VRB
Error          : Une erreur s’est produite lors de la lecture du canal : Le canal de communication a été fermé. (109, 0x6d).
MW3          : v.1.1.1.79
Handled     : True
Stack Trace : Server stack trace:
   à System.ServiceModel.Channels.StreamConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout)
   à System.ServiceModel.Channels.SessionConnectionReader.Receive(TimeSpan timeout)
   à System.ServiceModel.Channels.SynchronizedMessageSource.Receive(TimeSpan timeout)
   à System.ServiceModel.Channels.FramingDuplexSessionChannel.Receive(TimeSpan timeout)
   à System.ServiceModel.Channels.FramingDuplexSessionChannel.TryReceive(TimeSpan timeout, Message& message)
   à System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DuplexChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
   à System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
   à System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)
   à System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
   à System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   à System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   à System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   à MW3r.IMacroWorks3g.DeviceListUpdate(List`1 items)
   à MW3r.FormMain.EnumerateXKDevices()
Message : Une erreur s’est produite lors de la lecture du canal : Le canal de communication a été fermé. (109, 0x6d)."

Last edited by GegeFR (2016-11-13 18:09:56)

#2 2016-11-13 18:28:46

GegeFR

Re: Trouble with Raildriver and MW3 v1.1.1.79 installation on W10 64bit

My Got !!!

Found the culprit : the RD controller was plugged in to a USB3 port. Switching between différents USB3 ports doesn't nothing better for the issue. Happily I have still USB2 port (only two on my PC) and bingo plugged the RD on a USB2 port solve entirely the problem.

But I believed USB3 was retro compatible with USB2 ?! Why RD controller doesn't work very well on USB3 ports ?

Something to do with the hardware compatibility with USB3 on the side of PI Engineering )please ...

#3 2016-11-14 09:50:21

PIE Amber
Technical Software Developer
Website

We're glad you solved the issue by moving to a USB 2.0 port. This is not a known issue with 3.0, though. We will be looking into this.

Amber from P.I. Engineering

#4 2016-11-14 15:58:58

GegeFR

Thanks PIE Amber for your answer.

I don't know why USB3 port are not fully back compatible with USB2.

My question : does this issue USB3/USB2 compatibility is due to hardware side or software side regarding the Raildriver Cab Controller ?

Earlier Saitek brand controllers had the same problem with the USB3/USB2 port compatibility and solved the issue making new drivers for their controllers. That solved many problem for users of their controllers.

Cheers

Last edited by GegeFR (2016-11-14 16:03:10)

#5 2016-11-14 16:31:56

PIE Amber
Website

We do not have special drivers for our devices (they run on standard Windows drivers) so it is not a driver issue. We have no idea why you would have issues with USB 3.0, but we will look into it.

It would be very helpful if you could send us the full error log to tech@piengineering.com so we can look over it. The error you posted sounds more like an issue with our program communication with itself (typically a permissions issue) than a port issue but I want to see what else might be in there.

#6 2016-11-14 18:05:17

GegeFR

Ok PIE Amber I will send the last ErrorLog.txt I have to your tech link.

Hope they can find what is the culprit on my side and they give a solution so that I could solve myself the communication problem.

But currently it don't prevent me to play with the RD Controller.

Have a nice end of day.
Thank you very much.
Cheers
Gerard

PS : ErrorLog.txt already sent to tech

Last edited by GegeFR (2016-11-14 18:17:14)

#7 2016-11-16 14:59:03

PIE Amber
Website

Thank you for that. I responded to it, it does sound like a permissions issue to me so I offered some suggestions in email. Let us know how it goes.

#8 2016-11-21 17:03:38

GegeFR

Hi Amber,

I just answered to your E-Mail. I was without Internet connexion since 6 last days due to an awefull internet provider. Sorry to respond late.

I just changed my E-Mail adress

Cheers

#9 2016-11-25 23:09:44

GegeFR

Hi there,

To activate again this subject, I come back to bring some more infos about the issue I get and explained above.

If I plug the Raildriver Controller to an integrated USB3 port directly on the motherboard USB3 output, the issue doen't occur. The same on an integrated USB2 port = no issue
As I use one external USB3 HUB powered itself by a external power supply, when I plug the Raildriver on it, Windows recognize well the RD Controller and install the USB driver but Macroworks3 doesn't recognize the RD Controller and behave like no controller is connected.

Strange behavior when Windows recognize well the RD Controller but MW3 doesn't when RD Controller is plugged to an external USB3 HUB self powered. To complete the info, I have others controllers like Logitech G25, F510 Gamepad, Saitek X52, Throttle Quadrant all plugged to the USB3 HUB and are well working but I don't use them all at a time because my USB3 HUB has some switch power off buttons witch cut the power on the USB3 ports grouped 3 by 3 and more these controllers are not even plugged together to this USB3 HUB when I don't use them.

Honestly it is something to do between Windows and MW3 soft I think and not really something to do with administrator rights for windows cause windows recognized and install well the USB driver for RD even when RD is plugged to the external USB3 HUB.

I wanted simply to add some accuracies about this issue I got in relation of the use of USB3 HUB in the case others RD owners get the same issue

Cheers
Gerard

#10 2016-11-29 12:17:35

GegeFR

Hi there

Me again sorry, but I just found a turn around and what was going wrong on my side.

Initialy my external USB3 HUB was connected to an integrated USB3 port color red named ASMEDIA (brand of USB’s ports builder). So as I have also an integrated USB3 Intel port color red, I moved my external HUB connexion to this. Bingo !!! The RD Controller plugged to my external HUB works like a charme. But not the end of the history : as integrated USB3 port from ASMEDIA I have also two integrated USB3 ports colored blue. I moved again my external HUB connecting to this blue ASMEDIA port and then again bingo = RD controller worked like a charm plugged to the external HUB.

I don’t still understand why connecting the external HUB to a ASMEDIA USB3 red color don’t works for RD controller as all my others controllers works plugged to this fashion. Plugging the external HUB to a blue ASMEDIA USB3 port works like a charm for all my controller even RD.

It has something to do with either the firmware for ASMEDIA USB stuff and drivers also for the same. Otherwise I have no problem plugging the external HUB to a Intel USB3 red. Really strange on the side of ASMEDIA USB3 ports.

In resume and to bring the end of the history I let the external USB3 HUB plugged to the integrated Intel USB3 red port and all is solved for now.

Just whished to keep you informed about my issue.

Thank you again to keep your time to try to help me.

Have a nice evening.

Cheers
Gerard

#11 2016-11-29 12:33:06

PIE Amber
Website

Hello Gerard,

Interesting issue you've had. I've done some searching and from what I can tell red ports provide extra power (for charging devices, for example). I do not know why that would cause an issue, though.

#12 2016-11-29 21:11:44

GegeFR

Hi PIE Amber,

Yes indeed an odd issue because with red Intel one I get no issue. I just have trouble with red ports from ASMEDIA although I had updated already the firmware and drivers for these ASMEDIA USB3 stuff.

Yes red colored USB3 ports can provide some extra power to recharge mobiles phones or others battery powered hardware but in the bios of my motherboard I have disabled this feature for the USB3 red capable. Only the turbo boost function is still available.

Otherwise I don't understand why the red Intel USB3 port don't give any problem compared to the ASMEDIA one.

Probably something to do with either the firmware or the drivers as for my ASMEDIA USB3 integrated ports, ASUS (brand of my motherboard)
provide such firmware and driver and indeed I had installed the latest one.

Anyway your MW3 software is out off the culprit neither the RD controller.

Thank you very much to you and Liam to have help me. You couldn't know how my PC was behaving.

If you can, you could head marking this subject as SOLVED ;-)

Cheers
Gerard

Board footer