P.I. Engineering User Forum

Product Support, Technical Questions and Answers, and Examples for P.I. Engineering Products

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-11 18:57:02

jy

problem: multiple keys firing

i don't know if this is a software or hardware issue (i have an xkeys xk12), but sometimes when i press a key, it triggers a press from all the keys in the same bank (not good)

some keys tend to trigger this behavior (although not on every key press). some keys (and the jog/shuttle dial) never seem to trigger this behavior.

here's what my setup (with controllermate on osx 10.11) looks like:
controllermate-setup.png

so, like, half the time when i'm pressing button #8, buttons #5, #6, #7, and #8 will register as "on" (like they light up and say "on" and everything)

i also posted on the controllermate forum to see if anyone there has any ideas.

does this sound more like a hardware or software problem? should i exchange my controller for a new one?

#2 2016-11-14 09:31:06

PIE Amber
Technical Software Developer
Website

Re: problem: multiple keys firing

It could be a software issue, but I don't see any issues in your programming above. For that reason, I suspect it may be a hardware issue. Are you able to duplicate it with the ControllerMate GUI open? By which I mean can you press a button and eventually see all the button blocks on your programming page turn to "ON"? If so that would confirm a hardware issue.

I got your email about exchanging. It seems likely that's the best way to go. We will respond to you there as well with details.

Amber from P.I. Engineering

Board footer