P.I. Engineering User Forum

Product Support, Technical Questions and Answers, and Examples for P.I. Engineering Products

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-11 00:19:57

kiwiaudio

Control green or red light via midi input

Wondering if the xkeys can receive midi data in addition to transmit (with the additional software). I want to have one of the colored lights blink whenever it receives midi input. I would also program 1 of the buttons to turn on the midi device that would transmit the midi signal.  Thx for any help.

#2 2016-04-11 08:11:51

PIE Amber
Technical Software Developer
Website

Re: Control green or red light via midi input

Hello there,

No, the X-keys is not set up to send or receive MIDI by itself. It would need to receive the correct proprietary message to control the LEDs (from our software, ControllerMate, or software based on our SDK).

How do you intend to send MIDI with the X-keys? The only thing we really know of is that ControllerMate on Mac has a paid edition that can do it, in which case there MAY be a way to have the ControllerMate software accept a MIDI messages and then translate that into a light message to us. I highly recommend talking to the ControllerMate developer about that, specifically, though.

If you're on a Windows machine then we'd love to know what software you intend to use.

Amber from P.I. Engineering

Board footer