P.I. Engineering User Forum

Product Support, Technical Questions and Answers, and Examples for P.I. Engineering Products

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-20 17:03:59

bigcav

Rail Driver controls.

I have TS2018 from Dovetail games through Steam.
After buying Rail Driver and using it, I found the lever controls were not very accurate, had large dead zones,
the set up was about as useful as a Chocolate blow lamb and was all round pretty rubbish, but was solidly built.
HOWEVER....
I discovered a program called:
TS2017 Raildriver Interface V1.0.9.
I have installed it and used it for a couple of days and found that it makes the Raildriver unit worth keeping.
The levers now go up and down in 1 and 2 % hops instead of 20% at a time. It has made controlling the engines far more
enjoyable.
And its free!
Regards
Bigcav

#2 2018-05-08 05:11:13

RIMSDALE

Re: Rail Driver controls.

Hooray! 

I have exactly the same problem.
As I am new to this, could someone describe how to access this interface please?
Many thanks!
Rimsdale

#3 2018-05-31 22:27:40

Drakoz

Re: Rail Driver controls.

The TS20xx RailDriver and Joystick Interface can be found here:  http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic. … 1&t=139830

It's a long forum topic, but look at the signature of the original poster (CobraOne) and it has a link to the latest download.  The latest version is v2.1.8.  It works great by resolving many of the issues with mapping the RailDriver to the various locomotives which don't follow the original common control scheme (what are called virtual controllers in TS20xx). It also supports adding DirectX game controllers.  So for example, I use up to 12 analog axis (e.g. a RailDriver plus 3 Saitek Throttle Quadrants) to control the UP FEF-3 Steam locomotive.  It is great to be able to easily control the fireman's job and the engineer's job at the same time using real levers.

It might be a little intimidating to install it.  Read the PDF file instructions that come with it carefully and you should have no difficulty.

Board footer