P.I. Engineering User Forum

Product Support, Technical Questions and Answers, and Examples for P.I. Engineering Products

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-20 08:37:41

alovella

Raildriver not working at all

just received my new raildriver from gameseek & was very pleased with it as i've only one arm & it will help me greatly. If I can get it to work, that is. As soon as I got it I checked raildriver online to see if I needed to throw away the disc. seems I had too as an updated software were online. I run win7 & have a super fast pc & has TS17 through steam. but 4+ hours on and all sorts of problems I gave up as it were getting late. I got fed up as well & really frustrated. certainly not plug n play. Am already on very of sending back as £200 is lot of money I had saved up three years for. any help please.

#2 2017-01-20 09:13:10

PIE Amber
Technical Software Developer
Website

Re: Raildriver not working at all

If you installed the previous version, you have to go to File > New within our software in order to update the script to the newest. Simply uninstalling and reinstalling does not overwrite the programming.

Are you getting any error messages when you open MacroWorks 3.1?

Were you able to calibrate correctly?

Is your Train Simulator installed to the default location on your C: drive?

Amber from P.I. Engineering

#3 2017-01-20 09:34:26

alovella

default location yes. error msg is as: c\users\myname\Appdata\local\PIEngineering\Macroworks3\Myscripts\Raildriver\modernCalibration.rdm required calibration file not found, would you like calibration now?  when I ok this, ithen get RailDriver Calibration setup open ok But I also get another thing open up that say's macroworks 3.1 Error followed by something went wrong. What am I supposed to do from Here?  it seems to recognise when I calibrate but whenever I open Macroworks 3.1, there seems nothing written. it's all blank. is this normal.

#4 2017-01-20 09:37:14

alovella

have gone into file but new is not highlited

#5 2017-01-20 09:40:13

PIE Amber
Website

The error message you mention for calibration isn't actually an error. That's a normal message everyone gets for the first time. "Something went wrong" is a problem.

The levers should never show anything at all. Your buttons should have blue checkmarks. The calibration has no bearing on what you seen on-screen though, only in how well the RD works once it's connected. If you do not see checkmarks on your buttons, let me know. Or can you not see a picture of your RailDriver at all when you open the software?

Please ensure that .NET is installed on your computer, specifically version 3.5.1. You can enable it through "Programs and Features" and then clicking the "Turn Windows features on or off" link to the left. I recommend even if it is installed, unchecking it, rebooting, then checking it again. Recently we've found that Windows Update has caused issues with the version of .NET we use, but reinstalling it solves it. Your description sounds like that may have happened on your computer.

If that does not solve the problem, please show hidden files and folders on your computer, and go to C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Local\PI Engineering\MacroWorks 3 and find the ErrorLog.txt. Copy/paste it here.

#6 2017-01-20 09:56:42

alovella

.Net has been enabled. this is the error log:Source       : _sthodbj
Method      : SetRailDriverConnected
Date          : 20/01/2017
Time          : 13:24:04
Computer   : AL-050036246-1
Error          : Unable to load DLL 'RailDriver.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
MW3          : v.1.1.1.79
Handled     : False
Stack Trace : at Script.SetRailDriverConnected(Boolean isConnected)
   at Script.Initialize(MW3 MW3)
   at MW3r.FormMain.BuildDeviceScript(XKDevice& xkd, Boolean scriptLoad)
   at MW3r.FormMain.InitializeDevice(Int32 PID, Int32 DevID)
   at MW3r.FormMain.EnumerateXKDevices()
   at MW3r.FormMain.OnDeviceArrived(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at MW3r.usb.ParseMessages(Message& m)
   at MW3r.FormMain.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Message : Unable to load DLL 'RailDriver.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
<<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>

No check marks on buttons.

Last edited by alovella (2017-01-20 09:57:56)

#7 2017-01-20 10:00:40

PIE Amber
Website

"Unable to load RailDriver.dll" means that it cannot find your install of Train Simulator 2017. This means it is NOT in the default location. If you can, reinstall your Train Sim to the default location (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps). Otherwise, there are instructions for dealing with a non-default install here: http://raildriver.com/support/TrainSimulator.php

#8 2017-01-20 10:33:17

alovella

yippee. it's working. thank you ever so much.

#9 2017-01-20 10:51:47

alovella

where can I find calibration tool as console speed stuck on 19

#10 2017-01-20 11:16:00

PIE Amber
Website

Great!

The calibration tool is at C:\Program Files (x86)\PI Engineering\MacroWorks 3.1\Devices\RailDriver\RD Calibration. Right click on it and "run as administrator" to make sure it takes.

#11 2017-01-20 14:27:46

alovella

Thank you. have found it. incidentally the console speed display lights up with usb in, so am puzzled as to why the power needs plugging in  as well? What's the power source for please.

#12 2017-01-20 14:44:04

PIE Amber
Website

The power source solely exists to power the subwoofer inside. If you are not using the sound pass through it has no purpose.

Board footer