P.I. Engineering User Forum

Product Support, Technical Questions and Answers, and Examples for P.I. Engineering Products

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-18 18:26:08

Niezingerly

"Easy" way to make an already recorded button Application Specific...

Trying to set some already existing buttons, that are set to "Application: <Global>" to be now tied to a specific Application.

Is there an easy way to do this, without having to re-write the buttons?

I can see in the Script Code Window that I could Copy and Paste the code that defines a button as being specific to a certain Application, but I was wondering if there was any other way to do this...

Also, within the Script Code Window, when a button is already set to be Application Specific, I notice that the code is now tabbed in (1) more TAB, than if it was Application Global.

Is this extra indent required, or is it mainly "good housekeeping", to keep the script from becoming a cluttered mess...

Thank you...

#2 2016-05-19 16:19:18

PIE Amber
Technical Software Developer
Website

Re: "Easy" way to make an already recorded button Application Specific...

Make sure you can see your programming. Then right click on key and choose Copy Current. Then choose the application from the App menu and right click and Paste. (You'll then need to delete the original programming from the Global layer, but this is the easiest way all around.) Repeat for all buttons you'd like to move.

To answer your tab question though: All the tabs are just good housekeeping; the only things that matter are the actual characters present and linebreaks.

Amber from P.I. Engineering

#3 2016-05-28 13:32:26

Niezingerly

Re: "Easy" way to make an already recorded button Application Specific...

Thank you Amber.

Sorry it took so long again to respond.

I really appreciate your help.

Board footer