P.I. Engineering User Forum

Product Support, Technical Questions and Answers, and Examples for P.I. Engineering Products

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-31 21:32:45

73grad

Messed up Key-Shortcuts

Hi,

I have got a problem: When I make a keystroke with: cmd+T controllermate on mac make a shift+pad+"+" out of my command.
Why?
Here you can see what I mean:
screenshot.jpg

Please help! It also make those strange thing e.g. when I just make an "m" as a single key building block - I just select the "m" and it delivers a "+m".

Very useless though.

#2 2017-02-01 09:05:44

PIE Amber
Technical Software Developer
Website

Re: Messed up Key-Shortcuts

Typically if non-programmed keystrokes are being sent with ControllerMate it may mean that the memory of the device already has macros in it before ControllerMate gets to it. Have you ever used this on a Windows machine, or perhaps purchased it used or directly from Amazon? Either of those could explain the behavior.

Do you have a Windows machine available? It would be required to clear the memory, and also to check the memory.

Additionally you may want to make sure there is no other programming within ControllerMate. All pages except the ones you are using should be disabled.

Amber from P.I. Engineering

#3 2017-02-01 09:34:38

73grad

Great - thanks for the fast reply! Yes - I bought it used. So how can I clean the memory? And yes - I do have both - mac and windows.

#4 2017-02-01 09:42:20

73grad

You are my heros :D Works perfect! Just used your tool to erase the memory et voila. All as wanted. Thanks Mate!

#5 2017-02-01 09:45:04

PIE Amber
Technical Software Developer
Website

Oh awesome. Glad you figured out how to erase the memory! Now you should see it work much better on your Mac.

Amber from P.I. Engineering

Board footer