P.I. Engineering User Forum

Product Support, Technical Questions and Answers, and Examples for P.I. Engineering Products

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-03 16:11:18

Blainethepilot

XK-24 Problems

I recently got my hands on an XK-24 and so far its great. However I cant manage to get it to work with The game Star Citizens Latest build. (2.4.1) I know the problem is on the side of Star Citizen (Running on Cry engine if that helps). I just wanted to know if there are any tricks in Macro works that could help. Im certnly new to the software and I am no programmer.

Thanks for your time
  Blaine

#2 2016-07-05 07:17:02

PIE Amber
Technical Software Developer
Website

Re: XK-24 Problems

Hi Blaine, one of the most common reason that macros would not work with a particular program in software mode is if that program had elevated permissions (was run as administrator). Windows will block our input from going to the other program unless we also are run as administrator. It's a security feature of Windows.

Running as administrator is different than having an administrator account. To run MacroWorks 3.1 as administrator, shut it down completely (exit via the system tray icon, or by opening the program and going to File > Exit MacroWorks 3.1). Then right click on your desktop icon for MW3.1 and go to "Run As Administrator." Windows will ask you to confirm if you want the program to make changes to your computer. You do, of course.

If it doesn't work, try setting MW3.1 to always run as administrator. Do this by right clicking on the desktop icon, then choosing "Properties." On the Compatibility tab, check the "Always run this program as administrator" box. Then reboot your PC.

Note: Once MacroWorks 3.1 is set to always run as administrator it will no longer automatically launch at start up. The reason for this is Windows blocks elevated programs from running automatically. Another Windows security feature. :) All it means really is that you have to start MacroWorks 3.1 up yourself when your machine is rebooted.

Amber from P.I. Engineering

#3 2016-07-05 16:05:37

Blainethepilot

Re: XK-24 Problems

Thank you for the fix. It is working great now. I am happy to say that I am looking in to buying more x keys products to build a custom simulator chair for all the simulator games I play. I am particularly interested in the matrix encoder so that I might build custom panels with my own switches and buttons. If i can figure out how to make that work. As I said before I'm no programmer but I can solder up a storm lol. anyway thank you for your time and have a good day.

Board footer