P.I. Engineering User Forum

Product Support, Technical Questions and Answers, and Examples for P.I. Engineering Products

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-04 11:53:44

thelmers

Is there any way to startup macroworks with specific script?

Is there any way to startup macroworks with specific script?
Really need this, due to ghosting machines and want it to start right script with out to select.

// Tommy

#2 2016-04-07 10:52:11

PIE Amber
Technical Software Developer
Website

Re: Is there any way to startup macroworks with specific script?

MacroWorks 3.1 is designed to always use the same script for any given device. It is the one loaded into C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Local\PI Engineering\MacroWorks 3\MyScripts\YOUR DEVICE\ that has the right Unit ID -- the last number in the file name -- for your device.

To make sure that when a "blank" script is generated it is your script instead, you could change the template that MW3.1 uses.

The file would be, for example for the XK-24, C:\Program Files (x86)\PI Engineering\MacroWorks 3.1\Devices\XK-24\Script_1029_template.mw3

Simply rename that file with a different name, transfer in your saved script file and give it that specific name, and our program will use it as its template.

Otherwise, you will need to work in hardware mode instead, where macros can be stored in the memory of the device and MW3.1 doesn't need to be running unless you're programming the device. You would just read the memory before making any changes, if you wanted to make changes. No script management required. Please note that hardware mode does have some limitations compared to software mode (limited memory, limited types of macros).

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Amber from P.I. Engineering

#3 2017-04-23 18:26:29

Schustergung

I would like to do my coding in a propper texteditor with syntax-highlighting. To activate the changes I need to exit Macroworcs (with an error-massage) and restart it which is a bit annoying. Is there another workflow that includes an external editor and the internal build-process?

Martin

#4 2017-04-24 07:32:03

PIE Amber
Technical Software Developer
Website

You can always reopen your script file. Save it, then File > Load Script.

Amber from P.I. Engineering

#5 2017-04-24 19:43:29

GordR

That's what I do in Notepad++.  Way faster editing.

If you work on just the default script and mess something up, it won't start at all and then you don't have anything to fall back on.

So, I work on just one backup script and always use "save a copy as" for three other backup versions so I have some history to fall back on. Then I use MW 3.1 "File > Load script" to load the latest of the backup versions.  If it fails to load the backup version, the default script is not changed and will still work as well as the other backup copies.

Board footer