P.I. Engineering User Forum

Product Support, Technical Questions and Answers, and Examples for P.I. Engineering Products

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-02 11:51:31

BLingley

Unable to load raildriver.dll

Over the years I have encountered this issue several times, and have followed the instructions on your support page, to correct it, but since upgrading to Windows 10, those instructions no longer seem to work.  One of my problems is that I cannot locate "Documents and Settings" in Windows 10.  Any idea where it is located now?

I just downloaded and installed the latest version of MW3.1 (v 1.1.1.79), in the hopes that it would solve my problem, but it didn't.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!

#2 2016-02-02 12:12:33

PIE Amber
Technical Software Developer
Website

Re: Unable to load raildriver.dll

Hi there. There may be two issues at play. If you just have the non-default install then follow the instructions for Windows 7/8/8.1 as it is the same (click to go to that part of the page).

To directly answer your question the path is C:\Users\[replace with your login name] \AppData\Local\PI Engineering\MacroWorks 3\MyScripts on systems newer than XP. Hope that helps.

It also may be: With Windows 8/10, Microsoft stopped shipping an important dependency for Dovetail's RailDriver.dll that is installed with Train Simulator.

We have uploaded this DLL file. Download and unzip the msvcr100.zip file. Move the mscvr100.dll file into the same folder your RailDriver.dll file resides in, by default: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/railworks/plugins/. Restart MacroWorks 3.1. Download: http://raildriver.com/download/msvcr100.zip

Amber from P.I. Engineering

#3 2016-02-02 12:12:48

Gandalf

Re: Unable to load raildriver.dll

Hello,

Do a search on "Script_210_53.mw3"  to locate the file.

Please not that if you had a previous version of MW3 installed, then just running the 1.1.1.79 installer does not replace the existing script. You have to delete it manually, then install 1.1.1.79, then reboot, and it will be there. You can then edit your raildriver.dll location.

Board footer