How to Program
You’ll do your programming with our MacroWorks 3.1 software.
- Open the software via the programming switch, the system tray icon, or the desktop icon.
- You should be prompted to choose Hardware or Software mode. Choose Hardware. If you are not prompted, go to the Mode menu and choose Hardware Resident Mode.
- Double-click on the button that you want to program, or physically press it on the X-keys. This will launch the programming window.
- Make sure Keystrokes is the tab selected (this should be default).
- Type in your username. Follow it with a tab key. Then, enter your password.
- Click Save.
- Repeat the programming steps for all desired buttons.
- When done, go to the File menu and choose Write to Device.
Tips and Tricks
- To save power on your tablet, you’ll want to turn off the backlighting on your X-keys. To do this, go to the Unit Data tab in the MW3.1 software. Find the Hardware Default Backlighting section, towards the bottom. Click the checkboxes until both the red and blue backlighting banks are no longer lit on the X-keys. Click the Save Backlighting button.
- For the most reliable input, you’ll want to turn off our “PI Consumer” endpoint. To do this, go to the Endpoints section on the Unit Data tab. Click the Change Endpoints button and select 1028 | Keyboard | Joystick | Mouse.
Note: Only do this after programming the buttons and setting the backlighting. This should be the last step.
Login filled in and password entered by the X-keys